Oaxacan Frog Alebrijes
$45 – $95
- The frog is an ancient amulet. Revered from Mesopotamia to ancient Egypt and throughout all of classical antiquity, it continues to be a symbol of prosperity, fertility, and especially transition and transformation. Our Mexican frogs are hand carved from copal wood, then painted with fantasy patterns in startling colour combinations. A single glance is sure to bring a smile to your face – let alone a pathway to prosperity! A perfect gift. Hand made by traditional methods in the area around Oaxaca, where these figures are known as alebrijes. Unique, artisan made pieces. No two alike.
- Large grass green – 7”l
- Large royal blue/multi – 10.5”l
- Medium scarlet/grass green - 8”l
- Medium sun yellow - 6”l
- Small royal blue/sun yellow - 5.5”l
- Small cobalt blue/multi - 5.5”l
- Miniature sun yellow – 2”l
- Painted Wood. Made in Mexico.
- Vintage and artisan-made pieces may contain slight irregularities and imperfections denoting the presence of the artist's hand and/or the passing of time.