Chagu Chagu Umakko Horses
$35 – $95
Free shipping & returns in the US. Learn More
- The chagu chagu umakko horse festival is held every year in June in the Iwate Prefecture of Japan where a hundred horses, adorned with brilliant fittings and ringing bells, parade between shrines. These colourful souvenirs commemorate this event and are made of wood with bristly manes and traditional, hand-painted motifs. Incredibly appealing, each is unique and bears the hand of its particular maker. Vintage finds from our cabinet of curiosities. No two alike.
- Small black – 2.25”l x 3”h
- Medium black or white – 2.75”l x 4.5”h
- Large scarlet – 4.75”l x 6.75”h
- Extra large scarlet – 5.25”l x 8”h
- Wood. Made in Japan.
- Vintage and artisan-made pieces may contain slight imperfections denoting the presence of the artist's hand and/or the passing of time.